The 2014 Winter Olympic Games are coming to a close on Sunday, and the last few days have been coming to a pretty climactic end. As we were all working this morning, the USA and Canada hockey teams were facing off to determine who would win the gold medal in hockey. Not only was an Olympic medal at stake, but a Command Sign, a Skokie, IL sign company upped the sakes, delcaring "Loser Keeps Bieber." (I would have upped the stakes by saying that if USA won, Canada got Nickleback, too.)
Well, today, the Canadians beat USA in the gold medal game. Looks like we just lost the worst bet ever.
So while Canada frees themselves of Bieber, T. Biggens Riley is going to start calling "dibs" on some Canadian things, including:
- Alex Trebek - he does host JEOPARDY!, America's Favorite Quiz Show.
- Rush - personally, I can't stand the band, but I know some classic rock fans that would appreciate it if we can claim them as American.
- Steppenwolf - what's more American than getting on your hog while jamming out to Born to Be Wild?
- We'll take Arcade Fire. We don't have much use for them around the Bear, but our friends at Radio 94.9 will be happy we claimed them.
- We claim Will Arnett. He made Arrested Development that much more humorous.
- Poutine - what can be more 'Merican than fries, gravy and cheese?
Canada can keep their Molson, however. We got plenty of quality beers here in Colorado.
Until next time!
PS - Shout out to @CommandSign for letting us use their pictures. You should check out their pix on Twitter. They have some entertaining billboards.
PHOTOS: Olympic Highlights
Take a peek at some of the Olympic highlights from Sochi 2014. Mobile users, you can see the pictures by clicking HERE